Wednesday 14 November 2012

Opentable catering @ Sample food Festival in Bangalow NSW





Sample Food Festival is coming again to the little quaint town of Bangalow, which lies in the northern river of NSW.
The excitement is picking up at Opentable and I am buzzing with ideas…
Last year we catered for the RAW foodies (raw desserts and raw savoury plates). Our theme was Raw Buzz. It was a sell-out. Yet this year I felt the desire to pay my respect and adoration to my Moroccan heritage. I have fond memories of my Mum standing in the kitchen for hours at a time making couscous from scratch, lamb shoulder tagine cooked in the bottom pot of the couscousier (couscous pot) laden with dried prunes and apricots, the aromas of the meat mixed with fresh broad bean soup, bundles of coriander laying on the table, fresh mint adorning every empty jar on the window sill, preserved lemon with cinnamon and pickled turnips. Mum’s kitchen was an explosion of colours everywhere you turned your head.
As kids my sisters and I were always running in between her legs, frolicking on the kitchen floor, making use of the apricot kernels to play our games. We waited in anticipation, for the morning after the evening banquet, to eat sweetened couscous with sultanas and fresh yoghurt. I can still savour the taste in my mouth.
Honouring the memory of my Mum Alice, I decided to offer 2 tasting plates at the Sample Food festival:

$5 plate
Organic Minced Lamb Filo Cigars served with carrot, ginger, mint mousse, beetroot yoghurt mousse
and harissa salsa.

$10 plate

Organic chicken + olive tagine served on a bed local pumpkin couscous, preserved bush lemon, coriander and baby spinach salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment